DRILL SUB utilizes moles on a daily basis to lay new or replace existing services.
Impact moling is a technique in which a mole (soil displacement hammer) is launched from an excavation to displace the soil and form a bore. The new conduit is normally drawn in behind the mole or pulled back into the bore using the hammers reverse action. Pneumatically driven moles, in which the soil is displaced by the action of a percussive piston, have been developed in the range 1 inch – 8 inch diameter for a single operation.
Impact Moling is ideal for installing small diameter pipes and ducts over short distances. DRILL SUB own and operate moles to install services such as, Sewer, Water, Gas, Electric, Telecommunications.
Typical Impact Moling set-up
• The underground working area is confined to points of entry and exit only.
• Dry method of installation – Does not generate slurry.
• No surface disruption to traffic.
• Moling is fast and in many cases has lower overall costs.
• Ideal for working in soft Clays and Silts.
• Moling is unaffected by surface obstacles.
PVC or PE pipes have been successfully installed under Houses, Railways, Roads, Rivers, Airports, Buildings, and Contaminated landfill sites.